.2 CEU – Bright Ideas: Luminous Alchemy for Light in Architecture.
Berkeley Mills welcomes you to the Distinguished Speaker Series 2013, presented by ASID Northern California Chapter.
Date – 9 Sep 2013
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Location Berkeley Mills Showroom –
2830 Seventh Street, Berkeley California
* Light refreshments will be provided
* A limited number of ASID Student Members may attend for FREE
* .2 CEU credit available for this course – remember to bring your IDCEC number to receive credit. Students are not eligible to receive credit
* ASID Members, Industry Partners and Student Members must provide their Member ID number
* Plenty of free parking available
* Pre-pay $20, day-of-event tickets at the door will be $25
Event is open to the general public, so to reserve your place now! RSVP at http://asidcalnorthbrightideasceu.eventbrite.com/
Distinguished Speaker Series 2013
“Bright Ideas: Luminous Alchemy for Light in Architecture“
Steven L. Klein, IALD, LC brings his brand of lighting education to the Northern California Chapter for a presentation on essential lighting design techniques and current technology. With an emphasis on what to do and why to do it, participants will leave confident, informed, and enthusiastic.
A thoroughly researched explanation of lighting and health will explain the science behind the psychological benefits of great lighting.
* Attendees will join in identifying all the methods of ambient illumination and the lighting of vertical surfaces to correctly imagine and define space.
* Attendees will learn the latest LED technology and receive a satisfying explanation of the reasons why the new products can replace the old, which products are excellent choices (and which are not), what the differences will be and how to best predict outcomes.
* Attendees will better understand how the light spectrum affects functions of different parts of the body, and the potential implications for health in architectural projects.
* Attendees will discover the new lighting ergonomics and ways that lighting changes attitudes, increases client satisfaction and will also see how lighting design transforms ordinary spaces into environments that nurture and sustain people.